I am Christmas girl and love celebrating and enjoy all the festivities around christmas,love decorating Christmas tree with loads of cuties, visit church and pray, enjoy yummy & delicious pan cakes, muffins, candies and being around my loved ones.
Last week, I went out to Select Citywalk Mall in Saket for evening with friends. Mall had an amazing decoration and there was a huge Christmas tree made of crystals and surrounded by shining spheres of various colours. The variety of restaurants and cafes, live events and shopping options make to ask for more. I indulged myself in shopping spree and bought myself Christmas dress from Shopper Stops and matching black shoes from Aldo.
I picked up Christmas tree with cute decos from Christmas Carnival and had a great meal at L'Opéra Salon De The` my favorite restaurant to eat and satisfy my sweet tooth cravings. In the end I felt all energised and happy and was singing carols on my way back home.
This Christmas many hotels, nightclubs and restaurants in Delhi have organized parties on Christmas. Holidays make me indulge in shopping and partying. Looking forward to it.
To make your Christmas delicious here is Rainbow cake recipe By Shipra Khanna
3 cups flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
½ cup condensed milk
500 gms curd
2 teaspoons vanilla essense
1 ½ cups milk, room temperature
Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple gel/liquid food coloring
Butter cream Ingredients
3 cups castor sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup shortening
3 ½ cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease six 8”round cake pans with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder keep aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Slowly add curd and vanilla mix until fully blended.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternatively, Mix until well combined
- Now, divide batter evenly between six medium bowls. Add enough of each color of food coloring to each bowl, whisking, until desired shade is reached. Transfer each color to an individual cake pan. Transfer to oven and bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, about 15 minutes
- Meanwhile make the butter cream: In a bowl, whisk together sugar and butter for about 3 minutes – 5minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat for 1 minute, adding more cream if needed for spreading .
- Using a knife, trim tops of cakes to make level. Place four strips of parchment paper around perimeter of a serving plate. Place the purple layer on the cake plate. Spread 1 cup buttercream filling over the first layer with a spatula evenly.
- Repeat process with blue, green, yellow, and orange layers
- Place the remaining red layer on top, bottom-side up.
- Using a spatula, cover the top and sides with a thin layer of frosting (also use any of the excess frosting visible between the layers). Refrigerate until set. Using a spatula, cover cake again with remaining frosting in between the layers and on top generously.
For the fondant on the sides:
- Mix corn syrup and shortening together and once well blended add icing sugar and knead a dough.
- Roll the dough on a clean surface dusted with icing sugar and add the same 6 colors as the cake and cut thin strips of the color and paste it accordingly around the cake.
- Make fondant cubes with the left over fondant and spread it on the top of the cake.
- Slice and serve.
Wishing you all Merry Christmas...
Till next time....Keep it STYLISH By Nature !!
Join Me on